Tuesday, August 09, 2005

One of These Mornings

Sometimes I wish I could just disappear off the face of the earth. You know. Just reinvent myself; become someone new. When I was a teenager I was really religious. I wanted more than anything to become a warrior for God. I wanted to fight forces of evil and keep those who were innocent safe from the harm that was to befall them. But that was just a fantasy that I know will never come true. I have not given up on that thought but life is not a supernatural movie. We are not extraordinary beings that can just control matter with pure will. We are not God. Or demigods for that matter. If I could be a warrior for God I would. I would give up all I know just to protect the innocent. I guess that is why movies like "The Boondock Saints" or "Man on Fire" appeal to me. One day, God will call me home, to fight evil, protect those of pure heart. One day I will be gone, I will be God's warrior. It won't be long now, just the blink of an eye.

Hey Love, I love you. I love Love. How strange is that?

One of these mornings
Won't be very long
You will look for me
And I'll be gone
Moby - One of These Mornings